Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shelby 427 Preview

Fresh off of another Matt Kenseth win, the Sprint(or whatever it's called now) Cup series heads to Sin City for the Shelby 427(or, something like that). Kenseth has been dominant thus far in the 2009 season, and leads the point standings. Of course, you don't have a choice but to lead the standings if you've done nothing but win all year.

Grandpa's own Jeff Gordon is 2nd in points, followed by Kurt Busch, which took me by surprise. Seriously, I haven't heard his name mentioned all year, except when he spun during the Duel race at Daytona. A few surprises in the top 10 include Michael Waltrip in 7th, Juan Montoya in 10th, and even Clint Bowyer, new number and all, in 6th. Just outside the top 10 include Elliott Sadler(11th), David Reutimann(12th), AJ Allmendinger(13th), and Reed Sorenson(14th).

Now onto what's really important, my predictions. Summary from California: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ was the way to go. The race was slowed 5 times, 4 of those by my good friend Ms. Nature. The racing was boring during green. I might as well have slept. 2 of my top 5ers decided to show, including Matty K. and the Biff.

This week, I 'm going to predict 10 cautions, and Mrs. Nature will finally have no effect on the race. This one will be better than California, and the finish will be better than Daytona. And, oh by the way, Matty K. will win race #3. Which leads me to my top 5:

5.Kurt Busch
4.David Ragan
3.Greg Biffle(In via my rule)
2.Kyle Busch
1.Matt Kenseth(In via my rule)

Also, a little message to JR Nation: I feel your pain. My boy(I will not mention his name) was in Junior's position 2 years ago. Do I feel sorry for you? I cannot say either way. I believe in Karma. That's all for this week. Have a happy Sunday!

No comments: