Thursday, February 19, 2009

Auto Club 500 Preview

Last week's Daytona 500 was a disappointment. Not Matt Kenseth winning, but the rain out of NASCAR's biggest race. That and the fact that NASCAR has not changed a bit(talking about the car #88 penalty, or lack thereof).

My predictions weren't too shabby considering ol' Hopper's visions were clouded by the rainclouds. The wreck wasn't as big as I thought it would be, but it was triggered by Dale Earnhardt Jr. and a Toyota driver, and involved Kyle Busch. So I was close.

My winner was incorrect, but again, I could not predict a rain out. A Dodge driver did not win, but again, I cannot predict a rain out. Only one of my top-5er's placed in the top 5, but again, well, you get the idea.

I have but one prediction for California, and it ain't bold: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Here's my top 5

5.AJ Allmendinger(gets a top 5 by default)
4.David Ragan
3.Matt Kenseth
2.Greg Biffle
1.Carl Edwards

If you'll notice, AJ Allmendinger appears for a third consecutive week. Why? Because any driver who places in both my top 5, and the real top 5, gets an automatic berth in my next week's top 5. Thus Allmendinger's spot. This is where I take off. Have a happy Sunday.

No comments: