Thursday, March 26, 2009

Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 Preview

Microsoft's XBox 360s are flawless. Darrell Waltrip is the most knowledgeable mind ever to walk the planet. Last week, I totally meant to pick Kyle Busch instead of Kurt.

What do these 3 statements have in common? None of them are true, but they sure do sound good. Well, okay, two of them don't.

For anyone wishing to follow up on the status of my beloved NASCAR '09 game, I do indeed have an update for you. The darn thing still won't cooperate. At least I had Bristol's excitement to cheer me up last Sunday though, right?

Well, the cars were in Bristol. They ran a race. But it all seemed so hollow. When, after 500 laps, the biggest skirmish of the day involved only Todd Bodine and Michael Waltrip, I felt as if I had just watched a Talladega race, only without a "Big One". It was like watching something as trivial as rain cancel the Great American Race, the Daytona 500. In other words, something was missing.

So, I've gone through the week trying to tell myself that Martinsville will be better. Haha, yeah right. Martinsville calls itself a short track, but very seldom do you see any big wrecks there(Okay NASCAR gods, cast your ugly wrath upon me by proving me wrong once again! This time, for the sake of the fans.).

Will Martinsville produce more than the 8 cautions we saw in northern Tennessee? Or is it southern Virginia? Who cares? My gut says no. My heart says yes. So, I'm gonna go against both and say that we will have exactly 8 caution flags.

Last week at Bristol brought be 2 top 5ers. Not bad, but it could be better. The top 5ers were Jeff Gordon and Denny Hamlin. Naturally, this means that both drivers have earned a spot in this week's top 5. Also, no Junior-Vickers retaliation last week, so I will carry on that prediction to Martinsville. Now, I had originally thought about picking Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon to win this week. But that seemed too logical. I mean, what would my good buddy say if I actually made a logical pick(No offense Denny Hamlin)? He wouldn't know what to do. So, without further ado, here's my Martinsville top 5:

5.Jeff Gordon
4.Jamie McMurray
3.Jimmie Johnson
2.Kurt Busch
1.Denny Hamlin

Yes, going with Denny for the repeat, and Kurt Busch with a rebound this week. Before I sign off, I'd like to thank anyone who joined the Hopper Fan Club on Facebook. After one week, we already have over a dozen members. If you have a Facebook and you haven't joined, feel free to join the Club! That's all for this week. Have a Happy Sunday!

No comments: