Thursday, April 23, 2009

Aarons 499 Preview

Well, I am back from my weekend retreat, and ready for some serious action this weekend at Talladega. I'd like to thank my mother for taping the race for me, even though I did not watch it, nor did I have any desire to. Still, it's the thought that counts. Thanks Mom!

Yes, brownie points. I do have one more thanks to give out before I proceed to this weekend. I'd like to thank you, the readers, for nothing. I kindly asked you to inform me of "what went down in the desert", and I didn't even receive so much as a comment on my lonely wall. Shame on you!

Awww, I can't stay mad at you. Especially coming off of my retreat. I love you all. I love everybody. I love Ju... wait, that's taking it WAY too far. You know what, how about this: all is forgiven assuming you do something for me. All I ask is that, when I make this weekend's off-the-wall picks, you are hereby bound to not make fun of me.

Alright, now that we have that behind us, we can move on to what's really important: Talladega! Everybody loves Talladega, except Mark Martin, and Ryan Newman, and, well, over half the drivers in Sunday's field. Okay, people hate Talladega. And that's what makes it s great.

Last week, I nailed 2 top 5ers, and missed another by a mere spot. Also, last week, Dale Earnhardt Jr. managed to stretch his attention span even thinner by making himself a new, um, friend. Yes, Casey Mears was added to the list of drivers that Junior Nation cannot stand. He joins an elite list, including the likes of Brian Vickers, Kyle Busch, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin; the list goes on and on.

Also last week, the winning car had the same number as the number of fingers on my hand(5 in case you were wondering). This week, I believe that I will need an extra finger. To see what I mean, scroll down.

5.Jimmie Johnson
4.Greg Biffle
3.Paul Menard
2.Regan Smith(yes, that Regan Smith)
1.David Ragan

Ragan will grab his first this weekend. Folks, I've gotta run. We've got storms pounding us right now. Have a Happy Sunday.

No comments: